DC Distribution Networks - WG 2019-1
DC DISTRIBUTION NETWORKS
DC distribution networks.
The working group will cover:
• DC components, planning issues, standardization and regulatory framework;
• LV, MV and HV distribution networks;
• public networks and industrial, buildings, facilities or other specialized networks;
• pilots and use cases.
It will investigate:
• economic and technical analysis of DC compared with AC;
• present maturity and expected progress of the components capable of setting-up DC networks, in particular conversion, protection and metering components;
• grid integration of components and solutions like power electronic converters in DC distribution networks by matching components as well as grid planning issues;
• in which distribution network situations DC solutions could be most effective;
• impact of DC solutions on network architecture;
• AC to DC system converting (for instance to enable greater power transfer);
• prospects of developing these networks in complementarity with current networks;
• standardization and regulatory framework.
Existing demonstration projects should be presented including, when available, lessons learned from these projects.
The Working Group will analyse what could speed up or hamper the development and the large scale implementation of such solutions.
Jambrich Gerhard, Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria
Bećirović Elvisa, Elektroprivreda BiH Sarajevo, Slovenia
Bernacchi Roberto, ABB, Italy
Braunstein Rene, Energienetze Steiermark GmbH, Austria
Chowdhury Md Masoom, Siemens, USA
Dai Jing, Centrale Supélec, France
Haghifam Mahmoud-Reza, Tarbiat Modares University, Iran
Haim Klaus-Dieter, University of applied Science Zittau/Goerlitz, Germany
Kamelia Youssef, Egypt
Kleftakis Vasileios, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
Lin Zhengyu, Aston and Loughborough Universities, United Kingdom
Lorenzo Kévin, EDF, France
Montano Raul, Hawker Siddeley, United Kingdom
Murdoch Neil, GHD, United Kingdom
Preve Christophe, Schneider Electric, France
Rabinovici Raul, Ben Gurion University, Israel
Rose Maximilian, Schleswig-Holstein Netze, Germany
Rupp Stefan, Maschinenfabrik Reinhausen, Germany
Schichler Uwe, Technical University of Graz, Austria
Vočko Jan, PRE Distribuce a.s., Czech Republic
Xie Ye-yuan, NR ELECTRIC CO. LTD, China
Yu James, Scottish Power Energy Networks, United Kingdom