Who we are
We are obliged to safeguard the privacy of our website visitors. This notice applies where we are acting as a controller with respect to the personal data of the visitors of our website.
The data processing controllers are:
- Association des Ingénieurs électriciens sortis de l’institut électrotechnique Montefiore (AIM), located Rue des Homes 1, 4000 Liège (Belgium) - tel: +32 4 222 29 46 - email: email@example.com
- The AISBL CIRED (currently under development), registered in Belgium - tel: +32 4 222 29 46 - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IET Services Limited, Savoy Place, London, WC2R 0BL. Registration Number 909719. IET Services Limited is trading as a subsidiary of the Institution of Engineering and Technology, which is registered as a Charity in England & Wales (no 211014) and Scotland (no SC038698), tel: +44 20 7240 1871 - email: email@example.com
In the remainder of this document A.I.M., IET and CIRED are referred to together as "We" / "Us" / "Our".
[Where the context requires, A.I.M., IET and CIRED may also be referred to together below as the “Conference Organisers”.]
What do we collect from you?
We collect the following personal data from you: full name, email address, phone number, postal address, company.
Why are we collecting your data?
We collect your data on the following legal basis:
- On a contractual basis where you have registered to attend or exhibit at an event or submit a proposal of paper for an event, we need to use your personal data to perform our contractual obligations to you.
- On the basis of the legitimate interest in keeping you informed of similar events in which you have participated, submitted for or exhibited at in the past and organized by us.
- On the basis of a legal obligation where we need to process your data for legal reasons.
- On the basis of consent we will use your personal data to inform you about our events, communicate about CIRED activities and manage invoicing.
We may use your personal data for purposes of:
- providing you with information that you have requested from us, in relation to events we run or other services we provide;
- the administration and organisation of our events, for example, to contact you about an event or conference that you’re exhibiting at or attending
- keeping contact with you about other similar events or services of ours, that may be of interest to you for research purposes after an event you have attended;
- complying with or abiding by legal obligations or requirements.
How do we process your data?
Your personal data will be retained as long as necessary to meet the purpose.
In accordance with article 32 GDPR, AIM, CIRED and IET will implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal data are not damaged, destroyed or disclosed to a third party without your permission.
All of the personal data we collect or record will only be used by CIRED organisers and administrators. Only organisers and administrators who need the information to fulfil their duties under this contract are granted access to personal data. We will never share or sell your data to any third parties. If you wish to opt out from receiving communications from us, just unsubscribe from our mailing list.
What are your rights?
Depending on the legal basis, this section summarises the rights you have under the GDPR:
- right to be informed (art 12-13 GDPR): you have the right to know what data are being collected, how they are used, how long they will be kept and whether they will be shared with third parties;
- right of rectification (art 16 GDPR): you have the right to contact us to have any of your data corrected if needed;
- right to be forgotten (art 17 GDPR): in certain circumstances you have the right to ask CIRED to erase your personal data from our records;
- right to restrict processing (art 18 GDPR): you can request that CIRED limits the way we use your personal data;
- right of data portability (art 20 GDPR): you can request that CIRED transfer any data they hold to another company;
- right to object (art 21 GDPR): in certain circumstances, you have the right to challenge certain types of processing;
You have the right to lodge a complaint about a personal data breach with a supervisory authority, and, if necessary, with a national court.
You may contact Our Privacy Compliance Officer who can be reached as follows:
Addressing a letter by post to: Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer, Rue des Homes 1, 4000 Liege, Belgium; or Please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with your requests and questions.
Accessing your personal data
You have the right to access your data and to request a copy of the personal data that we keep about you, by making a request in writing to us (art 15 GDPR).
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and free of charge. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing personal data based on consent before its withdrawal.
About cookies and cookies that we use
If you have any questions please contact our Privacy Compliance Officer who can be reached by:
Addressing a letter by post to: Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer, Rue des Homes 1, 4000 Liege, Belgium or Please e-mail: email@example.com with your requests and questions.